Monday, November 28, 2005

A Sexy Coffins Calendar for 2006

Ok, this has nothing to do with either being a mother or a career woman, but the former tabloid reporter in me just couldn't let this pass without a comment.

In my day job, one of our niche specialties happens to be serving as financial advisors to funeral directors. As our marketing director, I go to funeral trade shows (I've seen my share of coffins and shrouds and have developed an immunity - I can even snack on free food beside them), and read up on the latest news and trends affecting the industry.

Well today, I happened up on a site called underground humor and discovered that, lo and behold, there is actually a calendar featuring scantily-clad, provocatively posed young women beside a variety of coffins for 2006.

http://www.undergroundhumor.com.)


I know the Pirelli Tire folks gained some measure of fame for their calendar,
http://www.pirellical.com/thecal/calendar.html
so I guess undertakers aren't breaking any new ground here (pun intended), but I have to wonder how many of these calendars they sell each year, and to whom?

It's amazing what's out there on the 'Net.

3 Comments:

Blogger landismom said...

LOL. I like that they're "100% sexier than 2005"!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, WorkinMom! Thanks for visiting our website. The coffin company in Italy that makes the calendar sells about 500 per year. We sell about half of that for them to customers in the United States. Our customer base is mainly comprised of people working in the funeral service industry. This calendar is a great stocking stuffer or grab bag item for the holidays, or so our customers tell us... Luckily for us, facing your mortality on a daily basis seems to almost forces a person to have a sense of humor in that profession.

Your friends at UndergroundHumor.com

1:53 PM  
Blogger workinmom said...

Well, the wonders of the Web - thanks for visiting, friend at undergroundhumor.com, and for enlightening me and my readers about the calendars.

I think next year they should use different caskets and highlight the model and the casket model. Or with the rise in cremations, they could even try urns for a change, LOL!

Thanks for visiting!

workinmom

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

motorola razr v3
motorola razr v3