Monday, January 09, 2006

Joy and fear - I have been tagged for my first meme

Nevermind that I had to google "meme definition" and read an "About.com" explanation to finally understand what this actually means (I got the gist by reading other blogs, but being tagged forced me to actually understand it before responding).

So, landismom tagged me, and now I'm forced to reveal five "weird" things about myself.

Hmm. Truth be told, I'm fairly un-weird, so this took some thought. And I'd probably be laughed right out of a weird convention for what I'm about to write, but so be it. This is as weird as I get.

1. My pillows and sheet have to be crisp and cool or I can't get comfortable, and I habitually turn the pillow over and over every night to find a "cool" spot. This must be genetic, because J does this, too.

2. I once had (and occasionally still have) an obsession with reading words and phrases backwards and finding the results hysterical. In fact, I still think Niknud Stunod is laugh-out-loud funny.

3. As a weekly newspaper reporter and then a daily reporter for a wire service for a number of years, I wrote hundreds and hundreds of stories, many of them filled with much detail, analysis and many sources. Now I'll look back at my clips and can't remember the events detailed within them, much less having written them myself. But there my byline sits. This may not be weird, it may be early onset Alzheimer's.

4. Here's one donated by my husband. Every time I make up my face or check myself out in a mirror, I purse my lips in a 'vogue-ing' kind of way.

5. On the rare occasions when I eat at Burger King, I order a Whopper - no onion, and a side order of - onion rings.

I told you, I'm not that weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger landismom said...

Heh, thanks for playing along. You're right, you're really not that weird.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Not too weird, just charmingly and slightly eccentric, perhaps?

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

motorola razr v3
motorola razr v3